Saturday 13 December 2008

w/c 8 December - Frankly, crap

I'm not sure I've been in such appalling form ever since I started running. Life, the universe and everything are conspiring to make any attempt to train consistently and well virtually impossible. Visiting in-laws, a chest infection, changing jobs, coaching meetings and bloody christmas have made this week a non starter.

Chief culprit has been the chest infection. I woke on Monday to feel dreadful. I went to the Doc who provided antibiotics. He said i could run but not to expect much in the way of performance. He wasn't wrong!

I rested until Thursday and felt a little better. I then ran with Trevor's group (the slower group) at Tattenhall and felt ok, but a short run with Dave on Friday afternoon up Moel Famau showed me up. I was very weak. Dave just bounced ahead of me. I was pathetic. I managed to run up MF and asked Dave if we could abandon the longer run we'd planned and we took a steady run down. Just 1400' ascent and it felt like hell.

JUst feel like i'm unfit, unwell and just too busy and preoccupied for all this. Need a change in fortune.

In order to run tomorrow in the hills i[m going to have to get up at 6:00 and avoid family stuff. Surely it doesn't have to be this hard...Let's hope it saves my week.....

No comments: